Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a recast on the fender buy-out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a recast on the fender buy-out!!!

I have been working on transfering school for the last semester so I didn't have time to follow the jackson forum. Next thing I know it's bought by fender and I couldn't find the forum in the site anymore. I finally found it by searching the web so I need someone give me an overview of the buyout:
    why? because jackson wasn't doing well or because fender just had the cash?
    what happens to the product lines? especially the usa select line.
    the PR in the site reads like they are moving the location. are they changing the people?
    as I understand the usa select line was made by the custom shop crew. is it still going to be like that?
    what happens in 2003?
    where is the guy posting regular news/comments in the old site? was he fired?
    if all those questions can be answered by old discussions please post links for me. thank you.

Re: I need a recast on the fender buy-out!!!

>why? because jackson wasn't doing well or
    >because fender just had the cash?

No, because Jackson's previous owners, AMIC, needed the money and had to do a salary dump in order to stay alive.

>what happens to the product lines?
    >especially the usa select line.

Nothing right now. All of the lineups changes made before the sale will go ahead. After that, who knows.

>the PR in the site reads like they are moving
    >the location. are they changing the people?

Yes, they did. Everyone at the Fort Worth facility except the VP Donnie Wade was fired. He moved to Arizona.

>as I understand the usa select line was made by
    >the custom shop crew. is it still going to be
    >like that?

Yes.

>what happens in 2003?

New guitars. Then the first fully Fender-approved lineup. I wouldn't worry too much. Fender seems hell-bent on destroying Ibanez and ESP. They know the best way to do that is with Jackson. That's why they bought them.

>where is the guy posting regular news/comments
    >in the old site? was he fired?

Yes, he was. Why I still have no clue.All he did around here was everything.

Comment

Yep. BM's got it all right.

As a point of clarification, the JCF was not bought by Fender, and the JCF is not and was not owned or operated by Jackson or AMIC. This was the official Jackson message board, but was always independent, and will always be independent.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I spent the last hour reading posts around and after the buyout in the old forum and picked up a few pieces of important infomation:
        The custom shop in ontario stays hence the usa select line stays as it is, which is absolutely awesome. I also did a check on mapquest which tells me that ontario, ca is within driving range of corona, ca which is the production location of fender. (forgive my lack of geographic knowledge of the west coase. I live in pittsburgh) I hope that means good if anything.
        the fender PR guy who posted all the official messages seemed cool.
        the fort worth facility didn't deal with production, did it?

Comment

Nope, Ft. Worth was just AMIC HQ and was the distribution point. Distribution point is now Arizona.

Comment

That Morgan dude was fired?

Comment

Morgan Ringwald was not fired. If you want to get ahold of him, check Moes Tavern or "Ask Fender" over at the Fender Discussion Page.

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html

Comment

Working...
              X