alesis quadraverb GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alesis quadraverb GT

Anybody here own one? how are the effects that they produce and how easy are they to program? I'm looking for something pretty cheap and I saw one of these real cheap, i don't think they were expensive to start off with, but at a 5th the price of a G-major if it is reliable and sounds good then I might have to look into it more. What do you guys with GAS have to say? I'm sure some of you have had one of these or played one at some point.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: alesis quadraverb GT

I still have one, sitting around. It was my main FX processor for ten years. In it's day - and, actually, long past it - the Quad was a good sounding box, with great flexibility, and very good verb, echo, and chorus.

Programming takes a while to figure out, and there's some things I never did get right. (What the hell use were the resonantors, anyway?)

The cons of the unit are: It's 16 bit, far below the quality of most processors these days, and the top end has artifact issues. When you have it "bypassed" (i.e., no effects), it still changes your tone, as the A/DD/A converters color the sound. It's also pretty noisy, and the EQ can be flaky and introduce echoing artificats into the sound.

Its still not a bad unit - the effects themselves sound very good, nice and warm - but the fidelity leaves something to be desired by today's standards. I replaced mine with a G-Major, which sounds significantly better - and also has a phaser that actually sounds like a phaser. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
    X