So if the Soldano SLO100 is a.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if the Soldano SLO100 is a.....

10 on a scale of 1-10, then I wonder how a Soldano HR50+ XL would rate.

Re: So if the Soldano SLO100 is a.....

I've played Chuckracers SLO several times, It should be an 11 on a scale of 1-10, and there's no way I can afford one, so I was wondering the same thing. Does the HR50 have that same type of gain, and sound, or is it pretty much exclusive to the SLO? Somebody should post some clips, of theirs so we could check it out.

Comment

Chuck was telling me that all the Soldano's sound slightly different and none sound as good as the mighty SLO.

Comment

Having owned three HR series Soldano heads before finally stepping up to the mighty SLO, I can tell you they sound damn good indeed. But they are not as tight and brutal. All three (HR50+, HR50, HR100+) sounded slightly different, and they were all cool as hell. A 50+ would be a solid 8 on that scale. Absolute bargins, the lot of them.

Comment

I had the HR 50 and That Korean 60 wt.....I liked the Korean one much better. I 'didn't think any of those amps came close to their big bro SLO ...IMO.

The SLO 100 is the only Soldano head I really liked to be honest.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Out of my trio of HRs I liked the 100+ the best.

Kev, I'll borrow my old HR50+ from my drummer-freak-buddy and you can A/B them. I would be interested to hear your take on the differences.

[ December 09, 2002, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

you wouldnt catch me dead with the standard HR50!! Single channel! Yeah right!

It would have to be the 2 channel HR50+ XL!

Comment

The Soldano's I have played have seemed overly bright. You dont find that to be the case Chuck?

JOHN

Comment

They do cut through in a band setting for sure, but i think it depends a lot on cabs and speakers. But yes, they are not dark sounding at all!

Comment

They're a lot like old Marshalls. They always seem a little too bright by themselves, but sit very well in the mix. My experience is that lots of darker sounding amps sound great by themselves and then get completely lost in the mix when you have a full band going. The best sound for one situation doesn't translate well to the other.

Ross

Comment

Vince?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

VINCE YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As long as we're drifting this far from the HR vs. SLO topic...I have two friends who own Lucky13s and they're terrific amps. They have a bit less gain than the other Soldanos, but still have plenty for most music (we use them without difficulty - just with the gain up to 3-4 o'clock rather than 12-1.). The clean is very nice, and the reverb is excellent (with separate controls for each channel). The only bad thing is that the reverb isn't footswitchable! Anyhow, I just wanted to mention these excellent amps since I've had a fair number of hours on them so far. I'd guess they sit in the line-up parallel to the Decatone...just a different market.

Ross

Comment

looks like some replies have been deleted from this thread.

Comment

LOL there were actually the ones deleted had some good info
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X