Rivera Knucklehead 100 Tri-channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera Knucklehead 100 Tri-channel

Well after sitting on the phone with Chuck last night and talking his ear off for 2 hours I got up this morning to go put the Rivera through its paces once more.
    I learned a couple of tricks from the local Rivera guru here and backed off the gain a little on channels 2 and 3 and finally started getting somewhere.
    Channel 1-Beautiful lush Fendery clean with the addition of a tube buffered Hammond long spring reverb this channel is the answer to my clean needs.
    Channel 2-This is their "Marshall channel" and after I set the switch on the back of the amp to Vintage vs. Modern I got a bad a@@ hot rodded JCM800 tone rather easily.
    Channel 3-Again with the channel switch set to vintage I got gain and sustain for days with a hint of Marshall goodness to boot! Sweet!

With the amp set to maodern I finally got good tone but they dont sound like Marshall or Mesa. It was a good tone, a little less butter and a little more rasp but sounded good as well.

As a side note I discovered that on channel one if you dime the gain and play with the eq a little you can pretty much dial in a dead on Plexi tone, yum!

All the channels have seperate eq's which I also liked.

Now I may have to make an emergency flight to AZ so I can play Chuck's SLO and decide. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Rivera Knucklehead 100 Tri-channel

The door's wide open, bro. I can also take you to a store where you can try the SLO, Uberschall, and Ecstacy side by side.
    Let me check and see when the next SCCA race at Firebird is so I can take some rubber off the sides of the SS's tires... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Rivera Knucklehead 100 Tri-channel

Thanks Chuck, I just may take you up on that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X