Genesis 3 vs V-amp 2 vs pod 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis 3 vs V-amp 2 vs pod 2.0

I'm gonna ask santa for one of these but havn't made up my mind yet... Any suggestions? Anyone has played with them all? Thank you in advance for the help

Re: Genesis 3 vs V-amp 2 vs pod 2.0

Depends on what sort of sound you are looking for.

I prefer a singing, but heavy, lead sound, like John Petrucci or Michael Romeo, and I find the V-Amp2 to be the best of these machines for that sound. For heavier Mesa Recto rhythm stuff, you are probably better off with the POD 2.0. I was not terribly impressed with the Genesis, but I know that others love it. It does have a better effects section than either V-Amp or POD, so if you don't have outboard gear, that might be a crucial factor. For lead tones, I record one output of the dry tone of my V-Amp direct into the board and the other output dry into the FX returns of my Digitech 2101 for the amazing effects in that unit. But for recording heavy Recto-like rhythm guitars I still go right into the "death metal grind" patch on my 2101 (it's a factory-programmed patch that stomps). It has a tighter sound than the Recto amp models on the V-Amp, with are rather 'grainy' or 'fuzzy' sounding.

The Recto sound is the only one I like on the POD, actually. It's a dull sounding thing apart from that.

Comment

Pod XT, hands down. I know it's not in your list, but it's like a cut-down Vetta Pod-sized. I owned a Pod 2.x and the XT I have now is much better. You have to tweak the hell out of it, and it's not as 'instantly gratifying' as the 2.x is, but the sounds are better with many more options.

pete

Comment

Yeah, I prefer the PODxt to my V-Amp2, as well. I'm going to pick one up as soon as I can afford it...maybe after Christmas.

Hopefully, Line6 will see fit to add some more amp models to the xt, as well as additional effects models. But the xt, as is, is still a great machine. I was instantly converted after only playing around with it for an hour or so at the music store.

Comment

OK the pod is out of my xmas list!!! Too expensive and in my opinion it has the same sound quality as the v-amp2 maybe even worst!! The only one I havn't tried is the genesis 3 so I'm just comparing these two (genesis 3 vs V-amp2) Please don't talk about the pod xt its too expensive for me lol I get frustrated!!! Is the genesis really worth the extra $$$ are the effects that good comparing to the ones on the v-amp2? Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X