WHAT AMP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT AMP???

what amp should i get crate gfx220 or should i get a line 6 spider amp and put it on top of a genz benz george lynch 2x12, or does any one hae any suggestion for an amp under $1000

thanx [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: WHAT AMP???

Well I had the GFX 120 combo and I took it back after a week cuz the sound was too muffled. It had gain and volume but it didnt sound good to my ears.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

for under a grand you could get a good used tube amp...peavey 5150, marshall jcm 800 or any number of other amps either of these 2 would sound great thru the G-Flex. are you looking for a particular sound or did you want the line 6 spider for the onboard effects ??? leave some answers and i (we on the board) can help you out better

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

thd univalve. needs no biasing or anything frm what i hear. you can get one from www.thetubestore.com

Comment

if you like mesa's you could get a Mk3 or Mk4 for about a grand, maybe a bit less.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

i'm looking for a sound along the lines of MESHUGGAH and CANNIBAL CORPSE. i thought the line 6 would be good for onboard effects and the modeling advantages to get different sounds. i'm also deciding should i get a head or an amp? wut do u guys think?
            Thanx [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Buy Oklastrats VHT 50 Pitbull! I think he only wants 1000.00 shipped! That will sure as hell cure your Meshuggah problem! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X