Charvel Model 4 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 4 wiring

I have an 86 Charvel with the active mid boost. It seems to be killing 9volts left and right. Last weeken I went to play it and the battery was dead. I figured maybe because I often leave the wireless plugged in, even though the pups were off... I replaced the battery with a brand new one and played it. I made sure all pups were off after and unplugged it. I went to play about 5 minutes ago and once again, battery dead. WTF.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Pickups being 'on' or 'off' shouldn't affect anything, but having something plugged in does.

Did you even replace the jack at some point? Something is keeping the circuit engaged...got any pics?

Comment

It's a stereo jack for the active electronics, so anything plugged in will drain the battery. Always unplug your cable or wireless unit when not playing.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ya. Problem is on the second battery there was nothing plugged into it. It's ok, I'm just going to change the pickups and get rid of the mid boost crap anyway.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Wait...second battery? you have 2 9v in there?

I bet the second one isn't wired to be engaged by the jack, and therefore just stays on.

Comment

No. I replaced the dead one with a brand new one.

Comment

Oh gotcha. Pictures of the wiring would help. And do you have a multimeter?

Comment

I don have a multimeter. But I already gutted it. The wiring looked like a serious mess. I'm having it repainted and going to put normal pups in it with a tone for the singles and a tone for the humbucker.

Comment

Working...
                X