Amp Modelers - Every Used One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Modelers - Every Used One?

Has anyone tried using one (or more) of the amp/cabinet modelers out there with their Jackson? I heard the Line 6 (pod?) was pretty good. I think Beheringer (Vamp?) and Marshall have similar products.

Just wanted to get some input to see if it was worth my time to haul my axe around to try stuff locally....

TIA for the replies,

Mer

Re: Amp Modelers - Every Used One?

I use a Vamp2 2 and like it a lot. I mainly use it with headphones and for recording direct into a digital recorder. I can't really comment on playing out with it because I don't. Some people recommend going through either a PA or keyboard amp with the Vamp for that pupose.

I have two mp3s on the mp3 page, all guitars were done with the Vamp 2 and a Jackson PS-4.

Hope this helps

DRH

Comment

I have a Line 6 POD and use it quite a bit, mainly with hphones or for direct recording. In a live situation it does not stack up imho to an amp with 4X12 cabs. I have a freind who swears by his flextone head but most of his sound is through an elaborate pa sys. There's something about a tube amp on 9 or 10 driving those power tubes that these units fail to acheive. My marshalls develop an almost 3D, fat chorusy sound when they're cranked and I haven't been able to get that with the POD or any other pedal.
      JMHO [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I use the Johnson J-Station and am pretty pleased with the results. Will they replace the tube amp...no way. Click my profile and go to the homepage url...every one of those is the J-station. Quite handy for direct recording...wouldnt touch them live though.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I use a Behringer V-Amp2 and highly recommend it for direct recording. I also echo everyone else in saying that it's probably not the best if you want a great-sounding live rig. But unless you've got a great sounding room, a bunch of great microphones, and are a well-trained recording engineer, you are not going to get a better a lead guitar sound to tape (or disk) than a V-Amp2, in my opinion. Well, ok, the new PODxt might be better. I've been impressed by the PODxt after playing it at the store, and I did not care for the POD or POD 2.0.

Comment

Working...
          X