Another Tube question, weird too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tube question, weird too...

I've got a Mesa Dual Recto Triple Channel. About once a week the volume will start to drop out. Sonically nothing really changes other than the volume goes way down, say from 104db down to 92db (of course I'm just guessin here but I think it would be close). Ok, a little background too... I've pulled the two inside tubes, and one of the rectifiers to run at half power. The weird part is that when the volume reduces there is a bright orange glow from the left power tube during the 'event'. When the volume comes back up to normal the tube is still glowing bright orange, presumably hotter than 4311, but slowly (10-15 seconds) returns to normal glow. I have replaced the power tubes but this situation stays the same. What gives??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Re: Another Tube question, weird too...

Hmm. I would've said that it's a pot - other people I know (including Matt Crooks) have had problems with bad channel master pots, and having the volume change. I have no idea what could be causing the glow, though.

My suggestion - call Mesa. Whatever your opinion of the company, the techs will stay on the phone with you forever...

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
    X