X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on Digitech GNX3 processer

Are these any good?Thanks for any info.

Re: ? on Digitech GNX3 processer

Well, if that's the Genesis 3 table top, they must be ok. Glen Drover is using them in the studio it seems and they sound good.

I'm looking at getting one for my computer room to lay tracks in Sonar.

Comment

I have not heard them yet. Digitech does have some good mp3's on their site though. They say its a Metal players rig on a few reveiws. Handy having an 8 track digital built in. American Musical Supply is good place to check them out if you can't locally. They split up your payments and then on top of that give you 45 days to try it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a GNX2 processor (same thing w/out the built in recorder). I was hoping to use it as the source for all my effects and distortion in my live setup, but it seems when you crank it up it just doesn't cut through. So, I started using between my guitar and soundcard when I record stuff in Guitar Tracks Pro. I think it works great for that. Supposedly Paul Crooks(?), from Anthrax, uses nothing but a GNX2 and a couple Crown amps as his touring rig, so it can't be too terrible!

Comment

I got a genesis 3 and I like it. I just use it for messing around with headphones when I cant use an amp. I has beautiful cleans and a nice heavy crunch too. Nice effects. The "acoustic" simulator is pretty useless. Other than that, its overall a nice unit. Keep in mind its a $300 unit and not a Rocktron prophecy(or something like that high $$$ caliber). It has its application, I wouldn't use it live for a heavy sound. but for jamming its great. Certainly worth the $300. You should be able to get them for a nice price on da bay these days. Hope this helps.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'm gonna try out the Genesis 3, which is the table version of the floorboard workstation, without the recorder and drum machine... I won't using it live, but for the PC only...

I've heard glens Coma Nation, and his sound is pretty cool. Kills PODs it seems... Better metal distortion to my ears.

Even if it is solid state...

Comment

Working...
            X