Cheap yet effective MIDI switcher??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap yet effective MIDI switcher??

Can you guys recommend any inexpensive yet good quality MIDI switchers? I want one to use with my POD, and maybe with something like a G-Major down the road. Pete recommended the Behringer one, but I'd like to have some more options to go along with his suggestion. Thanks!

Re: Cheap yet effective MIDI switcher??

I second the Behringer...it's a great unit for the price. The only unfortunate thing about it in general is it's set up to work with the Behringer amps, and you can't access over a certain bank/patch number. So with the G-Major (which I also have), you go up to a certain patch and then the Behringer won't keep going, it starts over at patch 1. I forget, it's like patch 50something or 60something.

If you want another option, especially something with expression pedals, the good ole ART X-15 is one of the others you might want to look at. There aren't really all that many MIDI controllers with built-in expression pedals to choose from.

The expression pedals open up a huge range of variability on-the-fly, though...you can do some really fun goofing around with effects parameters, modifying them in real-time.

Comment

Forgive me for speaking frankly but the other guitarist in my group has one and I think the Berhinger sucks. It only sends Control Change messages with the expression pedals, so you can't switch to control mode and use midi to turn individual effects on or off like you can with most quality midi pedals (hell, even the tiny G-Minor has this facility!)... The other problem I have with the Berhinger is that it simply doesn't look well-built enough to handle any abuse - look at the midi jacks; they're mounted directly to the PCB and none too sturdily, at that. A couple dozen set-ups and tear-downs and I could see that breaking easy... The Roland FC-200, Rocktron MidiMate and Art X-15 are all superior pedals which I have owned and gigged at one time or another (still have the FC200 and MidiMate)... I think the Berhinger pedal is a prime example of "you get what you pay for", which in this case isn't much...

Comment

Jimi D!!! Nice to see you here dude. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
        X