Pedalboard Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard Recommendations

I am in the process of finally getting my pedalboard together. My question is, what actual board/system/unit do you guys recommend? I want something super simple, but good quality. Not a piece of plywood covered in carpeting! lol.

Also which wah pedal do you guys use? I was leaning towards the Crybaby unit. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for you responses.

Re: Pedalboard Recommendations

www.pedalboards.com

This is what I use:

The top pops off and the pedal board is the bottom. Very high quality. The board itself was made by Tom from the website above. He can do anything. The power suppy was built by the guy that I bought the board from. The board also came with risers, that I took off for now. It has the ability to be wired underneath, but I am too lazy to do that and don't have all the pedals that I want on it in its final stage anyway. The neutrik connectors at the top right ARE wired under the board and create a loop so that I only have to plug my guitar into the one on the right and my amp into the one on the left. They lock as well. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddyD ]

Comment

I think that's the first time I've seen a dano pedal share space with fulltone AND TC electronics pedals. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What's up with the curly cable anyways?

Pete

Comment

The Danelectro is no longer there, although it is a cool pedal. I am probably going to add a Fulltone ChoralFlange and SupraTrem. The "curly cable" is just a few pieces of tubing that I got at the hardware store to hold all of the cables until I run them under the board.

Comment

I just ordered the Pedal Pad MPS (modular pedal system)...

http://pedalpad.com/company.htm

Probably way overkill for me as a home user, but I wanted something really sturdy, flexible, and that I could move around from area to area on the floor easily.

As for wah, the ole Dunlop Original is a good unit, no doubt...used to use one of those, then got a Dunlop 535Q. I just recently bought a Boss PW-10...it's a wah modeling pedal which also has onboard overdrives/distortions/cleanboost. The 535Q is a great wah, and actually sounds a tidbit "better" than the Boss with my gear, but the Boss gets close enough to the sound I use with the 535Q that I'm gonna probably sell the 535Q to recoup some $$.

Comment

As for the wah, I use a chrome 535 with true bypass and a battery bypass switch. The Fulltone wah is the only other one I woulg get. I have had the Teese, which I wasn't crazy about, and tried pretty much all of them. The Fulltone is the best and if I hadn't found my chrome for $75, would already be in my rig.

Comment

Furman SPB-8. Has the power supply and a bunch of other crap built into it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

BigDaddyD ~ you're the only other person I know with a silver box FD-2 on his board... What # is yours? Mine's # 113 (iirc), but I'm thinking it must be later than yours because I have the chicken-head knobs... I have a Soul Bender on my board too, but it's not as cool as the pre-prod version you've got there... and I agree with you about the Fulltone Wah, but I like my Budda Wah fine too :-)

Comment

Mine is #26 and the Soulbender is a one of a kind, made for a friend of Mike Fuller.

Comment

Working...
                  X