Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a bass amp

Hi all

Here is the deal. I am doing some homerecording but haven't a possibility to record bass yet.
    I am looking for a rackmount bass amp. Important is a balanced XLR out to go directly into my recording sound card. I don't wanna buy a DI box because i like to use the EQ on the amp and avoiding the EQ on my mixing console.
    Also it should be rather a full bass amp then a preamp. I would monitor my bass playing over my studio monitors but i also want to be able to attach a cab if i ever run into one.
    I guess i will look on german ebay for one. Now it's just i have no experience with bass amps and need some advice.
    I read somewhere here that Carvin bass amps are great but the problem is that there aren't any on german ebay. The brands that are on german ebay are Trace Elliot, Hartke, SWR, Warwick and some others.
    Also important (as ever) is the price. After all i am a guitar player and i don't wanna spend too much money on a bass amp just for recording so no $2000 800W monsters for me (and no all tube since i am not planning to run a cab with it somewhere near in the future).
    It would be cool of some experienced members here could give me some names of bass amp models which they think are cool and do the job for recording. Beeing nice is really ok, it doesn't have to be excellent. I guess around 100W is ok, maybe 200W at most.

Thanks for every answer ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany
Working...
X