george lynch genz benz 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george lynch genz benz 2x12

Does anyone have one? How is it? Im really thinking about getting one for my Mesa Boogie rect o verb combo. I heard it gives your amp a lot of bottom end and thats what I want. I want to be heavier and have more thump. Let me know how they are.

Re: george lynch genz benz 2x12

The G-Flex, is a serious 2X12 cab. I put it up against my Mesa 4X12 half-back and it blew it away. The ports on the front do bring out the low end and tighten it up. I'm looking into getting a few more for my back line.

Comment

so they give the sound a lot more umppfff? I want some heavy bone crushing low end to really hit hard. They arent that expensive condsidering the mesa one is like 500 and the genz benz is like 300-400. I guess its just one of those great deals. Im going to try and get one this month or next. Ill be getting my Y2KV this month(hopefully)
      so I cant wait to have some cool gear.

Comment

Jackson16,
        The G-Flex has plenty of umppff. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        I love the way the speakers are angled out.
        I payed $419.w/Tax on sale a year ago.
        As always "Try before you Buy"
        Finn

Comment

Well I asked my local shop and they said it might be a while before they get any in but when they do Ill give one a run. Its eiter that or Im going to try and find an early 90s black soloist pro. So if anyone knows anyone willing to part with one of those great guitars with the ebnoy boards and all let me know. I got $200 now and am working on another $150. thanks a lot and I might just go for the genz benz in the end to give me more depth.

Comment

The G-Flex is an awesome cabinet. I use 2 with my modded Marshall TSL-100 or Voodoo Amps Hex 50. The sound is enormous. I used to use 2-4x12's, but this is easier to move, and I dont miss the other cabs at all. Actually, I think these sound better. Trace Allen over @ Voodoo Amps might still have one for sale. He was looking for $300 and its in great shape. New these run around $450-500. I luckily knoew someone that hooked me up with a killer price straight from the factory.

Comment

At my local shop they told me like $370 or something. Im torn between either another guitar or that cab. The cab would give me more umpf and would look cool but it would take up space and be heavy. A new guitar would allow different tunings and not having to mess with all that stuff and plus who can have just 2 Jacksons? On the bad side the one I want is hard to find. Well if I can find the guitar soon then Ill nab the guitar but if not then its cab time and way more bottom end.

Comment

$370 is good. Dealer cost is just under $300.

Comment

for anyone that cares Ive pretty much decided on getting this cab. It will look good with my mesa boogie combo on top of it. I should be picking it up for like $350 from my local shop. Ill should be getting it in a week. I hope it gives me that super heavy umpf low end. If not back to the store it goes and then the search for a new guitar. well thanks everyone and any last minute comments?

Comment

Working...
                  X