Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM800 2210!

Hey guys!

I'd really appreciate if you could give some info and your thoughts about the JCM800 2210. I don't know **** about Marshall amps, I use a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blonde. It suits my small room just fine, I really have no need for anything bigger at home.

But I thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a real 100 watt amp with a 4x12 cabinet. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Marshall JCM800 2210!

If I ain't mistaken that is the JCM 800 100 wt lead series with channel switchin and reverb ...I had two perfectly mint 1987 heads and they are by far the best Marshalls I have ever owned and I and John owned a few in our day. Get it ..Get it ... Get it... then sell it to me I would love to have to have one at my disposal again....
    Your thinking wisely my friend

You have my blessing

I still own Marshall rack system 9200 mono bloc and JMP-1 combo . I sold those heads to buy that system.

I have a brand new spankin' mint Marshall 1960a cab with vinyl cover for sale if your interested...only a few months old never played out

Bill Z Bubz
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Harmony Central review of the 2210

I have a 4210 myself and I love it!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have a 2210. It's a one-trick pony, but I happen to love that one pony. I use a Metal Zone and GE-7 EQ in front of it so I can get my sound without waking people up three counties away.

I really love it, but keep in mind that I'm an Eighties-style metal head. To be honest, the clean is pretty wretched! It's hard to describe. It's like a harsh, "clunky" kind of clean. But for overdrive, it's about the best I've heard.

It isn't high-gain, though, like a 5150 or the Single/Double/Triple Rectos. Besides, those amps are for droopy pants-wearing, backward cap types with 7-strings!

Here's a pic:
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys!
          I'll see if I can find one used, just gotta get the money first! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It seems like a nice amp! Very loud though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Listen to me on this one:
            I had two 2210s and one 2205 at the same time. When comparing the 100wt to the 50wt model side by side into 1960B cabs . At the same volume levels the 100 wt version is alot more chunky and ballsy..just an observation I must share . So I got rid of the 2205. I'm not saying the 2205 is bad in anyway just not a cool as the 2210s in my book!! The 50wt sounds thinner at the same volume level.

Those lead series fuggin Rock...sorry I sold mine.

Bill Z Bub

[ December 02, 2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A guy here in town uses a 2210 with an old Greenback loaded cab and his tone is to die for, I love it....I've played it at his house at really low levels and it was good there too, nice tight defined bottom end....I would get one if it came along, just for the hell of it....I need my TSL100 in my current band, but if I went to a 1 guitar setup again I'd like one of these, or just the lead channel of the TSL....

Comment

You might want to think about getting the 50 watter
                the 2205 i got one and i love it it is load as HELL
                i have not even got it up to 1 yet

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                  You might want to think about getting the 50 watter
                  the 2205 i got one and i love it it is load as HELL
                  i have not even got it up to 1 yet
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or he could just pull two of the tubes in the 2210 and run it at 50 watts. I agree about it being LOUD! I read somewhere that, all other things being equal, a 50-watt amp is about 97% as loud as the same amp in 100 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    Listen to me on this one:
                    I had two 2210s and one 2205 at the same time. When comparing the 100wt to the 50wt model side by side into 1960B cabs . At the same volume levels the 100 wt version is alot more chunky and ballsy..just an observation I must share . So I got rid of the 2205. I'm not saying the 2205 is bad in anyway just not a cool as the 2210s in my book!! The 50wt sounds thinner at the same volume level.

Those lead series fuggin Rock...sorry I sold mine.

Bill Z Bub
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had a similar experience with a Carvin X100B which I traded against this Marshall. It was 100 watts, but you could run it at 25%, 50%, or 100% (1 tube, 2 tubes, all 4, respectively). I learned pretty quickly that the 100% sounded the best, even at very low volume. It was just beefier that way.

Comment

nice tight defined bottom end
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Watch it, Vic. You'll get Bill overexcited again [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nice tight defined bottom end
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Watch it, Vic. You'll get Bill overexcited again [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's why John doesn't play football anymore. He used to be a tight end, but since Bill got ahold of him, now he's a wide receiver! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OOOOHHHHHHhhhh!!!!.. That's Fugggin' DEEP man ...literally....... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X