X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano Decatone

Do any of you dudes like this amp?

Re: Soldano Decatone

Hey Willie! Uh, I Owned it, but didnt like it [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] , sounded like crap unless you turned it to 10! Read some reviews.

Comment

I recently saw Brad Gillis w/Night Ranger and he was using a Soldano Decatone straight into it(w/a wireless and his Old Red 62 Butchered Strat)and I was 6 feet away from his side of the stage for the entire set.
      The Tone(s) he was getting were downright scary!
      Thick Harminically rich overdriven leads and brutal rythyms.NO sucked midrange tones,but Heavy Tones just the same-even better.

I was VERY impressed with his playing and the Decatone sounded awesome.Clear as a bell and when the 3 rd channel was kicked in ,it was Chernobyl on a payday with the vodka flowing.
      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I owned it and it sounded very sweet.
        Very quiet(no noise) and the Lead CH(CH3)had a lot of gain and nice tone.
        Depth knob works great too.
        I recommend this amp.
        [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, thanks guys. Shred Man-I think Brad could get an awesome tone with ANY amp he played thru..it's all in his fingers. But that's a cool bit of info anyway-I never knew he was a Soldano man.

Comment

I saw Brad with Night Ranger about 3 years ago, and he had a purple soldano cab... I figured he still had a Boogie plugged into the cab. I can't believe he's left the Boogie family!

Pete

Comment

The Decatone is pretty much my "dream amp." The channels are voiced well enough that the shared EQ is no problem whatsoever. The ONLY thing I would change about it would be to have only a volume control (rather than a volume control and a gain control) on the clean channel. And maybe an adjustable boost function for leads, but that's achievable through other means.

It's not a "thump'n'chunk" flavored amp, and I think that's why some folks don't like it. It really doesn't even have the aggressive edge of the SLO. But it's so incredibly sweet for lead playing.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

There was one on E-bay just endded by BIN of $1200 inc. shipping!
                [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Killer deal.

Comment

Working...
                X