Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Powerball

Hi.

If I´m not totally wrong, someone were talking about this amp in the old forum.

I tried out a ENGL Savage 120 earlier today and when I started to ask questions the seller said that they were going to get some Powerballs next week. How is the Powerball compared to the Savage or maybe a Peavey 5150?

Does anyone have/know where to find soundclips?

Re: ENGL Powerball

I have a Powerball. It seems to have more gain than a Savage 120. Its a very versitial amp, great clean, thick gain, I love it. I don't know how it compares to a 5150. If you have a chance check one out.

[ November 30, 2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: RR1GGF ]

Comment

would it be possible for you to make any soundclips? i'm dyin' to hear it since i can't seem to catch one around here.

Comment

I have both 5150 and Engl Savage 120.
        I use them with my Mesa Rect 4x12 and a pair of Rect 2x12.
        Talking about gain, both have high gain enough to do death metal.
        Tone on Engl is so much real and has very nice crunch/clean CHs. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

would it be possible for you to make any soundclips? i'm dyin' to hear it since i can't seem to catch one around here.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to get a mic. After I do I will make some.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks a ton man. It's much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by RR1GGF:
              I have a Powerball. It seems to have more gain than a Savage 120. Its a very versitial amp, great clean, thick gain, I love it. I don't know how it compares to a 5150. If you have a chance check one out.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oki. Is the switching/midi controlling abilities the same as on the Savage 120?

Yeah, I will go back to that store next week. Maybe they could make me a good offer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oki. Is the switching/midi controlling abilities the same as on the Savage 120?

Yeah, I will go back to that store next week. Maybe they could make me a good offer
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I use the Z5 Footswitch. You can also use the Z12 MIDI Footcontroler and Z11 MIDI Switcher.
                This is what the manual says about the MIDI abilities.
                2. MIDI-Switcher (e.g. ENGL Z-11): Connect the unit to the amp via two stereo ¼ " cords.
                The buttons on the Switcher controls Ch I/II, Gain Lo/Hi, Master A/B and Style. If you
                program the diverse switching configurations to different MIDI program locations
                (e.g. Hi Lead & Master A & Style "open" to MIDI program number 1), you can activate
                the desired configuration directly via a MIDI board (e.g. ENGL Z-12).
                This type of control option is extremely versatile, we recommend it highly if you intend
                to use the amp in conjunction with a MIDI system (e.g. MIDI effects devices).

Comment

Working...
                X