Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50 head

Does anyone have some good expierence witht he amp head? What styles can it do? Im into music from Jane's Addiction to 311 to Sublime to Alice in Chains to Hendrix to Smashing Pumpkins (the list goes on, but i think that will give you enough). And how loud can this baby get with a nice cab because Im looking for an amp that can be loud for all sorts of gigs, inside and out, big and small?

If anyone can fill me in that would be great, I just hope I can stop by Guitar Center soon to try it out. Thanx

Re: Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50 head

bump

Comment

bump bump

Comment

i have a rectoverb solo 50 head and a standard recto 4x12. in my opinion, with the stock 6L6's this amp has a good heavy, crunchy rhythm sound, but seems too thin for a good lead sound. when i bought it, i also bought a pair of mesa EL34's. with those tubes, the midrange is really boosted, and i can get a really sweet lead sound, but it's hard to get a scooped mid sounds out of it (that's probably mostly due to the EMG 81's though. they seem to have a lot of mids). i spent a fair amount of time trying to get a "good" sound out of it. there's definitly good tones in there, but it takes a bit to find them. i haven't really tried to emulate anyone elses sound, so i can't tell you if you can get all those mentioned (i did notice it's pretty easy to get a metallica "black" album sound with the 6L6's though). my advise is to go check one out, and see if any of the employees are familiar with the mesas. go to the mesa website, and print out the owners manual with the 'instant gratification' settings, and start with those. take you own guitar, because mine sounds great with my king v with emgs, and sounds horrible with my gunslinger with a dimarzio super distortion. (these guitars both sounds a lot more similar through my old carvin tube amp, for what it's worth). hopefully this helps...

pat

Comment

also, we just played a gig in a fairly large bar, and i think mine was on 2. it should be plenty loud for any situation!

pat

Comment

Working...
          X