Carvin Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy

What are your opinions on the Carvin Legacy?

Re: Carvin Legacy

They sound like ass... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Umm, just my opinion... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

COMPLETE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

One of the worst new all tube amps I've ever heard! So bad it's laughable , I made it no secret in the music store...Right John?

Vai couldn't be possibly playing those , If he is it's surely not stock!!!

Bill Z Bub

[ November 30, 2002, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The one I played through would have done well to sound like ass. I was not impressed. I'd rather have a Peavey XXX (and I really don't like those either) than a Legacy. Steve Vai's name is the only thing that sells those.

Pete

Comment

I used one of these live once. After fiddling with the gain channel, I said "Screw it!!!" and plugged in my Boss DS-1/GE-7 setup to get my distortion. It sounded better than the gain channel on that amp. Try it before you buy it, you might like it, but I think you could do better getting some used Boogie stuff.

Comment

I can see that! The Carvin was just so unusable for me! Carvin Bass amps are the absolute best ....go figure

Bill Z

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Most amps sound like ass without external assistance, I've found. I've got a Carvin MTS3200 that sounds fairly anemic by itself. Usable, but cold be better. I run a 31 band graphic EQ through the loop and it changes it into a completely different amp. The good thing about Carvin is their return policy. You've got 10 days from the day you receive the item to retrn it for a full refund.

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

My ill wind will blow your mind [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Had to put a little Terrance & Phillip...there [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z Break like the wind

Comment

Okay, so exactly why am I stupid? Because I've got an amp I like or because I have a quote that is obviously too complex and intellectual for your pny little human mind. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] Stop blowing your ill wind already [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2002, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Steve said himself a big part that helps his sound is a Boss DS-1..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

OK well that makes sense..you'll need that because the amp sounds like a butt tornado on it's own much like Black Mariah's freakin' "Ill Wind" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z

[ December 01, 2002, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Even with the DS-1/GE-7 in the front end, it STILL didn't sound that great. You'd be better off exploring other avenues-you can do a lot better for the price of the Legacy.

Comment

I'm glad this came up. I almost bought one of those.
                            How are their older amps? I think it's the X100B series.
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

buzzsaww I wouldn't let these guy's opinions get in your way of buying it. Just 2 bald dudes giving us a hard time because I don't want a balls out metal sound [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Working...
                              X