I just got a Randall Cyclone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a Randall Cyclone

Well today i went down to the store and picked up a randall cyclone ( 300 watts , 9 band EQ and the list goes on ) and brought it home and hooked it up to my Marshall 1960 cab and omg does this thing sound great. For a SS amp it has got alot of balls and punch to it at straight EQ that even sounds better than my old mesa triple rec. I love the 9 band EQ on it , i can get a huge crunch with it and not run it threw another EQ even though i do. The 300 watts is LOUD [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] i have had this thing for an hour and i already had people come over from nextdoor and tell me to turn that the **** down. The clean is wonderfull and sounds great with a touch of chorus or flanger . Im really happy with this thing and will start gigging with this within the next week . Im planning on buying the warhead cabs because they look awsome and have 30's in them which are the same as my marshalls but i heard sound better with the randalls then the marshalls .

Re: I just got a Randall Cyclone

Ive been wondering how those newer Randalls would sound in a live setting. I am getting tired of the maintenence that tubes present, especially when you gig 2-3 nights a week. I been wanting to test drive a Cyclone or maybe the new Tech 21 Trademark 300 head. I think maybe the reliability factor of solid state amps may have a factor in my next amp. Mainly cuz I cant afford a NICE tube head.

Comment

Well this amp sounds better than any of the amps i own or use to own and i have a 5150 and a marshall jcm 900 and imo this thing sounds even better.And this thing is built like a tank.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Solid State can sound great. I never understand when people slam SS because it isn't tube. I was at a rehearsal studio last week and there were 4 amps in the room I was in. I Marshall JCM 900, a Fender Hot Rod deluxe, a Fender M80 SS head and cab and a Roland JC. First I plugged into the MArshall (which I used to have.) I wasn't getting a good tone, so I switched to the Fender tube amp, which sounded great, but didn't have enough gain. Next I plugged into the M80. It sounded AWESOME. I was using a Strat The M80 sounded great with it and it is a SS head.

Comment

The M80s I ever messed with sounded like ass, but if that one sounded best to ya, go for it.

Methinks your rehearsal studio should get some better amps tho...

Pete

Comment

Yeah, M-80's are for ****, but Ive heard good things about the Peavey XXL. I think Im gonna read more reviews and come to a conclusion based on how roadworthy the amps are. Right now Im thinking of retubing my 5150, and if that doesnt fix the problems Im having, its solid state city till I can afford a Uberschall! I gig too much to worry whether or not my amp will function correctly for the whole set. Im willing to sacrifice some warmth for some extra blast, power, and reliability.

Comment

For sheer punch and cut, I'd put my 50 watt VHT (that's for sale! hehehe) up against a 300 watt solid state amp.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X