Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley PWA2

Hi guys,
    does anyone have that wah-pedal? I'm planning on buying one, and the manufacturer's MP3 sounded convincing - but I'd rather hear "someone" playing it, they wouldn't have put that soundfile online if it sounded crappy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Morley PWA2

If you're refering to the Pro Series II wah, I have one of these. I have no way to make soundclips, but I can do my best at giving you a review of it, so here goes. The best thing about it is the design-having the switch on the side of the base to the right of the pedal. This isn't like a Vox or Crybaby where it's hit-and-miss with cutting it on and off. Also the quiet circutry is very nice, too. It's built like a tank and has a good warranty. The downside, it doesn't quite have the grit and vocal qualities of a Crybaby or Vox, if that's the sound you're after. To my ears, this wah sounds closest to Kirk Hammett's EMB wahs that he uses live. Bottom line, in my eyes a little bit of tonal character is sacrificed for a much smarter design. The best thing for you to do would be to go try one at the store, though. Hope this helped.

Comment

Re: Morley PWA2

Hey Boxcar,

Does that wah sound anything like the Bad Horsie? I have one of those and it is great. All you have to do is step on it and it's on and when you step off, it's off. I use it on Voodoo Child and it's awsome.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
      X