Sennheiser Digital wireless review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sennheiser Digital wireless review

I posted this on the other boad , but oh well. This thing sounds exactly like you are using a cable. It put back all the high end that my previous(shure) wireless took away.

The transmitter is metal and very solid. The receiver is plastic,but if you keep it in a rack I don't see any problems with it. It has two connections on the back for adding external antenaes, but First off they are 250.00, and second I don't plan on being any further than 100 feet from my gear , which is within the specified range.

The sound from this thing is VERY transparent. The first thing I noticed was that my volume increased by about 2-3 notches, versus the sure system. It was that much louder!

The only thing I don't like about the system is that the receiver has these LED lights for battery strength,signal and other things, but it is so small you can barely see it. An led bar graph would have been nice.

Hopefuly MetalCop will jump in here at some point and give his review, as he got his shortly before I got mine. Over all I'll give it a 4.5 out of 5.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Sennheiser Digital wireless review

Riff - How about the volume control on the rear of the receiver? I fiddled with mine a bit. At full volume, instant feedback anywhere near the amp. I backed it off slightly and the feedback was gone. (of course I still got the 'normal' feedback from my 5150, but that I like!) I also tried the high-low dynamic switch and could not discern any difference. I could detect a slight change in my sound with the wireless. To me, the cord sounded lower, more bassy. With the wireless, a bit more high, treble accentuated slightly. I simply made a minor EQ adjustment to compensate. However, both of my test guitars had mapl/maple necks, which are inherently brighter. Any suggestions on mounting the transmitter to your strap? I use wide straps, like 3 1/2+ and that little clip does not do the job. Most pros I have seen, simply tape the things to their strap, I don't think that is an option. So far, I am thrilled with mine. I plan on really puting it through its paces, to determine whether or not I need to make use of AMS's 45 day return policy!

Comment

Re: Sennheiser Digital wireless review

Jeff,

I use a BBE so the bass thing was no issue for me. I have no clue what that high low switch is for. I didn't have any problems with the Feedback issue, but my brother has a 5150 and it is the noiseist thing I have EVER head. So it may have just been your amp. I guess that's why they have the volume on the wireless. As far as the transmitter, I hook mine in the holes where the adjustable part of the strap goes. You know the slots that let you adjust the length.

If your strap isn't like that, I made a little pouch for my other one out of some thin leather, and then used velcro and glued it to the strap. after gluing a pice to the strap, wrap a velcro strip through the poucha and around the strap and it will not come off. Hope this helps.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
      X