Parametric Equalizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parametric Equalizer?

I am in the market for a parametric e.q. I am not particular on the brand, and I really do not care if it is used or new. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones are worth the money. I am looking to spend $200 or less. I might spend more if there is one that is really special. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hpets [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Parametric Equalizer?

Hey hpets, you might want to check out the Furman PQ-3 or early model PQ-4, with the black face and red knobs. Me and Sid did a little bit of research, turns out that the PQ-4s were favorites among lots of pros in the 80s. Good luck in your search, dude!

Comment

Take a look at the behringer's ultra Q pro,if I'm not wrong it's pretty cheap (around 100$) and seems to be pretty good.

http://www.behringer.com/02_products...Q2200&lang=eng

Comment

Look for a Fruman but watch out the new Reissue PQ3 suck ass

so if you find one get one with only one input (in the Back)

Also the best one out there is the Rocktron Pro-Q It is Midi and you can set something like 99 different setting
        it also has a built in hush which you need if you use a EQ

Comment

I've got an ART Tube EQ that I'm pretty happy with. I think a couple of other JCFers use this unit as well. It does get pretty noisy, so I run a Rocktron HUSH after it in the loop, but otherwise I have no complaints.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I have been searching for the Rocktron and Furman units for some time now, and I can't seem to find either one anywhere. Is the Rocktron unit still in production? I can't find one new or used, and it was my first choice initially. The furman is hard to find also. I have seen one on ebay. It was the newer PQ-3b, but I got outbid on it. MF has the furman unit on it's site but they are backordered, and I have heard mixed reviews on them(PQ-3b). Any help locating a Rocktron or Furman unit would be appreciated also. If anyone knows someone selling one of these eq's or where one is for sale please keep me in mind.
            Thank you

Comment

Just keep checking Ebay

there was a Roctron on there that just sold for $160

Comment

I have no experience with the Furman units, but I do like my Rocktron Pro-Q.

Comment

Hey dude-that Furman PQ-3 on Music-Go-Round's website is at the store like 20 minutes from where I live. I know the dude that works there, we works on my guitars, he is a trustworthy guy. I could check it out if you like, email me if you're interested.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the music go round stores. I have question though what is the main difference between the pq-3 and the pq-4? There is a pq-3 there for $80 and the 3 pq-4 with all different price tags. Any info would be appreciated. Last thing Boxcar thanks for the offer to check out the furman for me, but you don't need to. However, if you were in the neighborhood and just happen to stop in and look at it, and shoot me an email, I would'nt mind that either.
                    Thanks for the help

Comment

There are a few of the PQ-4s here, as of this posting...

http://www.musicgoround.com/

CAUTION: In dealing with Music-Go-Round stores...

You can one of theirs, but I'll give fair warning about dealing with them, in case you haven't...
                      I've done business with several of the MGR stores, MOSTLY I'd say were NOT positive experiences. Some of those guys are complete liars. As in, asking them if they have tested the products thoroughly...having them say "oh yes definitely" and then getting it and finding out controls/functions completely don't work, which would have been obvious if it HAD in fact been tested at all. Take names of everyone you talk to, especially managers, verify with them on the phone the condition precisely, and ask them if they have tested it, just in case you get it and there are blatant malfunctions, you have it all to throw back in their face, demand your money back plus the shipping both ways. Otherwise, if you get the product, and it works great, be very happy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never personally seen a PQ-3, but own a PQ-4. My guess would be that the difference is in the number of EQ sections in the unit...the PQ-4 has 4 seperate EQ sections (Frequency, Bandwidth, and Equalization[boost/cut] for each section). I would assume the PQ-3 has 3 seperate EQ sections.
                        So, basically, what I'm assuming is true, there is a somewhat better ability to fine-tune and possibily more range capability to boost and cut on the PQ-4 than the PQ-3.

Comment

Working...
                        X