Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 Kahler Issue

Hey all,

Been awhile since I've posted, but bought a Model 5 a little over a year ago. Was playing it the other day and broke the high e string after obessive use of the whammy bar. Got all the strings placed in the saddles and rollers and such but I went to the string adjustment port on the cam and tightened it to raise the cam, and there was a sort of a
    snap sound and now the allen wrench feels too loose and there is no "catching" with it so to speak. Is there any Kahler gurus around that could help me out with a part to get and or how to fix this?
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

You should have to loosen the allen set screw to raise the cam and tighten it to lower it.You may have screwed it all the way in and it may have fell out into the cavity in which it sets. I would remove the bridge from the guitar and take a close look at the spring block and see if the set screw is still there holding it back.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      You should have to loosen the allen set screw to raise the cam and tighten it to lower it.You may have screwed it all the way in and it may have fell out into the cavity in which it sets. I would remove the bridge from the guitar and take a close look at the spring block and see if the set screw is still there holding it back.
      These things are all kind of foriegn to me as I usually just take my guitars in to get worked on, so I guess it could have been a rookie mistake. Let me see if that works.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I took off the bridge and sure enough the screw was sitting in the cavity. Everything is all stringed back up and rocking! Thanks for the help paranoid.
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Glad it was that easy! rock on!

Comment

Working...
          X