Twang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twang

Im new here, wondering if anyone could help me out on achieving the coveted (by me anyway) "twang" sound on my Jackson.

Someone told me that twang was creating in the a special pick-up, and not by a pedal. I always thought it was a pedal, but i really dont know. Could anyone offer accurate information?

thx alot

Re: Twang

Nothing to do with pickups really. Just add a tiny bit of delay to your amp I think and it will sound twangy sorta.

Comment

Are you seeking that Fender "twang"? If so, you might oughta get a Fender. IMO a Jackson shouldn't sound like a Fender, or a Gibson, or anything other than a Jackson, otherwise, why bother?
      You can get a "not-as-twangy-as-Fender" twang simply by using singles in the neck or splitting the hums, but if you want it to twang like Roy Clark, get a Tele or Strat and don't bother with Jackson.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you could swap out your singles for a twangier sound. That way you have all the playability of a fine Jackson machine with the sound that you're after. Twang can be cool, but I'd rather not wrassle with a Fender neck. I like my tilted headstocks too much.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

To Twang with a Jackson/Charvel do like I did buy a Charvel TX custom off EBAY for $260!! Oh yeah if you want to play some metal it will do that too! One versatile guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Mine is black with white perloid pickguard and has maple fingerboard. Dead mint was advertised as NOS but I don't know for sure.
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

roll your volume back to 6, put the pickup selector so the bridge and middle pickup are selected , that would be position 2 on a 5 way selector, if you have toggles select bridge and middle pickup. add a little slap echo and away you go, remember guitars don't twang, people do. But I still prefer to connect to a Mesa and let it rip any day.

Comment

So if i want a Link Wray/Cramps style sound, thats what i need to do?

Comment

Jackson used the J200 stacked single coils mostly, so you'd probably want non-stacked pickups.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, but Newc, the J200's were just noiseless versions of the J100's with a little more gain and higher midrange. "Twang" to me is best described as a Fender Tele in the bridge position through a vintage tube amp, that gives you the "twang."
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

a tele thru a fender twin reverb HELPS alot.

twangy jacksons....single coil or coil tap the bridge humbucker, large strings, fairly high action, a STEEL bridge will give U more high end bite, for that tele like twang, i good vintage style TUBE amp with a nice spring reverb for the SPRANGGGGG sound.

DICK DALE RULES

Comment

Working...
                    X