Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Recommendations

Hey all,
    My other guitar player and I are going to build a few guitars and I was curious about potential paint brands and types that some of you more experienced guys might be able to lend your expertise on the matter. I'm trying to match the same shade of "Rock-it" pink as the old Peavey Vandenberg's https://reverb.com/item/1886100-peav...-2-rockit-pinkand have been encountering difficulties in finding the correct shade. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Great color, more commonly known as "Bubblegum Pink".

Comment

You might get some help from a local autobody or motorcycle paint shop. They should be able to match the color. I have a had a great experiences at a local custom motorcycle shop. I initially had them paint a Uli Jon Roth "swirl" on a SKY guitar replica. The best thing was, on future projects, I too asked for paint and color matches and they had the wall of paints and mixed me up pints of paint right there on the spot for a minimal charge. Maybe I got lucky because they also gave me all kinds of tips for metal flake, candy coats, clear coating, wait times, etc. They are great resources for paint and painting - but remember wood preparation is much different then autobody and motorcycle prep. Good Luck.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the input, guys! I have a coworker who used to sell motorcycles for a while, so he should know a few guys.

Comment

The good thing about the repair and custom shops is you can talk to guys that actually shoot the paint. Nothing more annoying than buying paint and getting advice at an automotive supplier only to find out the sales person has never even sprayed paint before - but can recite the tech sheet which accompanies the paint samples.

Comment

Working...
          X