Floyd Rose question on tuning stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose question on tuning stability

So I finally got my project guitar done, it's a 2016 Charvel neck and a custom body. The body needed some mods to make everything work, but everything seems to be lined up perfectly and no string slippage at all, but I do have a question about tuning stability.

Now this thing stays in tune better than ANY guitar i've used, once the strings are stretched and the Floyd is floating straight with the body it just baffles me that I could spend 5 minutes stretching the strings and do a whole gig with that guitar and it will stay in tune well enough to not be noticed if it was a bit flat or sharp.

I might be a bit anal about this, but when I push the wang bar down and let the let the floyd come up slowly instead of snapping the bar, it sometimes makes all the strings go a small amount flat, now i thought to myself well i should tighten the springs a tiny bit more...and that did help. but it's still not perfect, but very close.

Is this a normal case for a floating trem? I have made sure the clamps are on good, and the retainer is down low enough to not affect tuning at the nut when clamped.

I have 3 springs on it with a 9-42 gauge, the springs are the ones that came with it. The floyd is an original and brand new. So it has zero wear on any of the parts.

What's your thoughts guys?

try a little lube on the trem post were the knife edge makes contact.

Comment

Make sure the trem posts aren't slightly moving. If the posts wobble at all, wrap some telfon tape around the threads.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Make sure the trem posts aren't slightly moving. If the posts wobble at all, wrap some telfon tape around the threads.
        I don't notice these posts moving at all so next time i change strings i'm going to lube up the posts and that should help even more, nothing else i can do really.

Comment

Yeah, if they're not moving, then definitely try some kind of lube on them.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X