Need DKMGT parts help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need DKMGT parts help!

I have a well used MIJ DKMGT with reverse head stock and Mustaine pups. The tune o matic bridge is shot and the original Jackson/Gotoh tuners are about just as shot. I am having a hell of a time finding the correct tuners and bridge. I think I just found the matching Gotoh bridge on evilbay but am not sure. Would sure be nice if I could find some locking tuners that fit the reverse head stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do your tuners say Japan if you remove them and check the side against the headstock? My 2011 DKMGT has Jin Ho Korean tuners with the Jackson logo.

Gotoh TOM bridge will be perfect. The Jackson replacement tuners I ordered online were Gotoh Jacksons. The actual Gotoh drop in model is a SG381 or SG38 if I'm not mistaken. That's what the Canadian Gotoh rep told me.
    Though, I wasn't looking for a reverse headstock set at the time. The Gotoh site should have a reverse set of those models.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 02-23-2017, 04:46 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the help! My tuners say Japan. My DKMGT is a much earlier copy I am trying to remember but I looked op the serial number once and it is an early 2000's model. It has seen countless jamming hours and a couple shows. I am amazed at how well the fret board has held up. The Mustaines sound fantastic. Had a Tusq nut installed which made a huge difference.

Comment

I sound like a broken record, but after I put a bone nut on my DKMGT it does everything as well as my USA Soloist.

Safe to say the Gotohs were used up to a certain time on the MIJ's. I knew many '90s models used them, never figured out when the cutoff was. I'm the serial guy if you want me to give you a guesstimate. I'll assume you have the 2002-5 3 knob version?

Just check out Gotohs website and you should find what you need.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

sorry to reply so late. I believe I am off on the year. Serial number is 9776425. Since my original post I have since successfully replaced the old tuners with new correct Gotoh tuners. Also replaced the old beat to death TOM with the correct Gotoh unit. All a huge relief I was afraid I was going to get stuck in a cycle of ordering parts that dont fit then returning them and repeat. Tuning stability is the best it has ever been. Now..the last 5 frets are beaten to death and need to be replaced. Decided to do a full refret while that is done but do not know what size frets the DKMGT has. I greatly prefer true jumbo 6100's. These are not 6100's that came on it I do not know what they are.

Comment

I wouldn't know the fret size. That serial indicates 2006, so you must have the 2 knob DKMGT?

Which Gotohs did you get... SG381?
            Where did you get them?

Comment

Yes 2 knob. Yes I believe the Gotoh's are SG381's. Got them off evilbay as I did the new Gotoh TOM. When I got it it already had Mustaine pups installed. The Mustaines are nice and all but I have gotten to play an axe with the new EMG 57/66 set and was extremely impressed. They have the widest tonal range of any active humbuckers I have ever played. Thus saving up for the EMG transplant as well as a re fret.

Comment

Working...
              X