Help with Floyd rose replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Floyd rose replacement

I just got a replacement for the floyd rose that was in my 1991 charvel 275 and when I put the new Floyd in I realized the tone block was a little less than a quarter inch shorter than the cheep Jackson Floyd that was in it previously from the factory and the bolt pattern on the new trem plate was differnt from the orignal so I couldn't re use the orignal longer tone block. So does any one know where is can can get a longer tone block. Which leads me into my next question the orignal trem plate is shaped like a parymid meaning the low and high e sit the lowest then the a and b strings are raised a little taller and then that makes the g and d string saddles sit the highest which is assume is to do with how the radius of the neck is but the replacement floyds trem plate is totally flat making the action on the low and high e strings really high just to get the g and d up high enough to not buzz off the frets does Floyd rose make a bridge that accommodates the radius of the neck or any ways to make my own spacers or if Floyd rose makes a longer tone block or a bridge that comes with one any help is appreciated!!!

Yes there are longer tone blocks, but getting the correct one will depend on the floyd rose you have purchased. The original sounds like the Jt-6 Jackson. those hade a 40mm block length. most ofr bridges will work with the radius of the Charvel neck, but there are premade shims available to customize the radius, here again may depend on the bridge you have purchased.

Comment

Ok so I need to order a 40mm tone block thanks so much!

Comment

I thought those had 42mm blocks.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe is correct... those came with a 42mm block.
          If it is a 1991 (Dinky body with slanted bridge pickups), it would have came with a JT-590, not the JT-6.
          The earlier 1989 strat body version (slanted neck pickup) came with a JT-6, but also had a 42mm block.
          -Rick

Comment

The Jackson JT6 trem on that 275 had the bridge heights like that because each saddle was exactly the same height. Floyd Rose trems have the bridge even, with different height saddles. It will work no problem in that regard.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
            X