Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damaged DK7M on ebay gemany

Hi,

since I am searching for a seven-string guitar anyways I found an auction from thomann germany on ebay.de

Here it is:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jackson-DK7M-...MAAOSwImRYWQQf

This is an damaged intrument. besides some minor damages on the headstock and tuners and so on the main problem here seems to be the offset nut. The B-String is way more to the side of the neck than the e-string. They have some pictures of the back, too. The nut seems to overlap on both sides of the neck, on the low-string-side more than on the high-string-side. I compared that to some pictures from the internet and on all found pictures it looks like the nut fits perfect what makes me think the neck is not wide enough. Any ideas if that can be fixed with a more narrow nut (I found none for 7-strings) or does the nut on healthy DK7Ms overlap a little on the sides?

Pictures online show the nut fitting perfectly. If you look at one of the pictures in your link, the neck is not aligned properly. I wouldn't touch that guitar with a 10ft pole.

Comment

Yeah, seems you are right. I compared it to the picture on the jackson-website and I would have said the nut is just off to one side and by installing it properly one would make it playable. The damage on the headstock maybe comes from someone let it fall down and now the neck is misaligned

Comment

Looks like a project for a luthier.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
        X