X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 matte black pickup rings

Hi

Long time lurker first time poster.

I recently purchased a '92 RR1. The previous owner replaced the pickup rings with some slanted ones, which does not make any sense. I then bought some flat Göldo ones from Thomann in Germany, but they are not perfect, since they are slightly narrower than normal pickup rings, so while the screw holes line up, you can kinda see where the routing for the pickup begins on the side of the ring.

I then found a matte black one in my guitar stuff drawer, that looks to be the same as the ones on RR1's straight from the factory. Only problem is that I only have one, and I simply cannot remember where I bought it. Maybe it came on a used guitar, that I bought in the past, I don't know.

Does anyone know where I can buy the matte black pickup rings similar to the ones on new jacksons?
    Last edited by McBrain; 12-28-2016, 07:45 AM.

Try http://www.fretsonthenet.com/. It is operated by a fellow JCFer.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      Try http://www.fretsonthenet.com/. It is operated by a fellow JCFer.
      Thanks. I actually knew about that one. Great guy. I have a new control plate in the mail right now. Only problem is that it's really expensive getting it to Denmark, where I live. And since I already have one, I was hoping for a production model. If that's not possible, I will definitely buy them from Dave.

Comment

Member for 10 years 2 months and your first post?

Hope you get what you need!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

DiMarzio makes matte black bezels/rings.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Member for 10 years 2 months and your first post?
            Yup, bought a cheap RR3 back in 2006 and joined the forum to post a NGD, but never got around to it. Sold it again 3 months later. Then two months ago I bought a RR1 and here I am And I don't ever see myself selling that one.
            Last edited by McBrain; 01-03-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              DiMarzio makes matte black bezels/rings.
              Thanks! Will see if I can find a set in an european shop.

Comment

Originally posted by McBrain View Post
                Yup, bought a cheap RR3 back in 2006 and joined the forum to post a NGD, but never got around to it. Sold it again 3 months later. Then two months ago I bought a RR1 and here I am And I don't ever see myself selling that one.
                Welcome to the forum!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X