Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT590 replacement

Hi,
    I have a Soloist Archtop trem 1990 and i wanna swap the floyd rose. The Schaller Lockmeister is a direct replace to the JT 590 bridge?
    Regards

Lockmeister is not direct replace to Jackson JT-590, this is:

http://guitar-parts.biz/hp135038/Sch...92d6da96eX7e49

Why do you want to get a new trem, what is wrong with the original JT-590? Every component can be replaced with Schaller spare part.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
      Lockmeister is not direct replace to Jackson JT-590, this is:

http://guitar-parts.biz/hp135038/Sch...92d6da96eX7e49

Why do you want to get a new trem, what is wrong with the original JT-590? Every component can be replaced with Schaller spare part.
      "Replacing" the saddle screw holes that tend to become stripped are a little more of a hassle- need to put in heli-coils. The knife edges, once they become dulled or worn, are difficult to return to an optimal condition.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        "Replacing" the saddle screw holes that tend to become stripped are a little more of a hassle- need to put in heli-coils. The knife edges, once they become dulled or worn, are difficult to return to an optimal condition.
        You can buy a new Schaller base plate, it is cheaper than a whole unit:

http://www.emma-music.com/schaller,us,4,SCH-545064.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
          You can buy a new Schaller base plate, it is cheaper than a whole unit:

http://www.emma-music.com/schaller,us,4,SCH-545064.cfm
          Oh, make no mistake, I'd just get a whole new Schaller . But I mistakenly thought the goal was to try and keep the original base plate since it has "Jackson" stamped on it- you, know, original equipment and all that.

Comment

The Lockmeister looks interesting, does the stud placement diagram mirror the OFR or the Schaller? They are close enough to be almost be interchangeable, but they are by no means 100% compatible. You can mix and match at your peril.

Comment

OFR and Lockmeister are almost identical. Only difference is that Lockmeisters base plate is 1 mm wider.

Comment

Thanks for The answers. The lockmeister have two holes for The saddle in The baseplate and The OFR have 2. For that reason i considered an option

Comment

I've successfully put a LockMeister in 3 different guitars that were built with Schaller locking trems. I had to install shorter string locking saddle bolts and adjust the saddles to intonate for the differing distance to the nut vs. Schaller Lic'd. According to several sources, the Schaller has the studs positioned approx. 1/16" closer to the nut and the distance between studs is also different by an increment pretty damned small but can have an effect on the operation of either: Orig. Floyd Rose- 73.9 mm Schaller Lic'd- 74.61mm Schaller LockMeister-74mm

Good luck!

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem with my Jackson SL-1, hole stripped and I asked for information for that baseplate, but the seller answered that it's not the same baseplate...
                    Someone tried and can confirm it is identical please?

Comment

Working...
                    X