Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-50BC & EMG PA-2: possible tech screw up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-50BC & EMG PA-2: possible tech screw up?

So being a Laiho fanboy, when I received my rr24 recently I HAD to pay homage to his and Roope's Jacksons with doing the gold hardware swap, and going for the J-50BC & gain boost setup. I had a J50 and an EMG PA2 that had been waiting years for this guitar to come along, why not? I had the guitar setup and wired up by my local guitar tech, and to my amazement, when i got home and plugged it in, it sounded like absolute dog shit. Even without the boost on, it sounds muddy as all hell and not like a bridge pickup at all - like it should :think:. My tech said he had to do a custom wiring job on it, so I'm thinking he must have gotten some of the leads from the pickup mixed up.

i'll have to post pictures of the cavity later when I wake up.

Now, I could possibly get one of the $40 je-1000 copies off of ebay and try it myself if I'm feeling lucky enough, THOUGH I have found wiring diagrams for it already. I'm a tightass though and dont want to spend the extra cash
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Just take a look at the wiring and maybe a little diagram. In sure someone here can help.

Comment

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/...psex7ypjur.jpg

heres a link to the pictures.
      Its like there's no tone at all, It sounds like a les Paul in the middle position really, I've NEVER had this problem before. Help?
      Guitars:
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
      Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
      Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
      Modded Jet City 100HDM
      custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

I don't like that pickup with out the je-1200 mid boost. looks like the correct pick up wires are used, but some test would have to be done to know for sure if it is wired correctly all the way to the guitar cable.

Comment

Working...
        X