So-Cal USA wiring diagram needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So-Cal USA wiring diagram needed!

I've got this USA made so-cal which I had to resoder today. However, I am a complete beginner at this, and the previous guitar I had that I attempted doing this I burnt out the elements. And Alas, now my poor Charvel isn't making any noise... at all. here's the provided pics of my "job", can someone send me a picture of their stock wiring so I can just follow it up by that? It's the model with the tone-zone/evolution combo, 1 volume and a 3 way switch. I also included copper shielding which I have connected to the back of the volume pot. Thank you ... Also, there will a surprise upload once I figure this out, I refinished my guitar
    The green indicated is the ground, the red zones are what was rewired, I know forsure that the short white wire is where it should be, however the two black/white wires are coming from the input jack, not sure if that's how it must be connected. If even it is in the right spot. Everything else was where it should be straight from the factory so there's no speculation there.

This is where the two black/white wires from the previous picture are connected. Help!!! the guitar is making ZERO noise. My biggest fear is I burned the elements....

The middle pot lug is the output and should only have one wire on it. One of the two wires should be connected to the tip of the jack. The other wire should be soldered to the back of the pot with the other black/ground wire and should go to ground on the jack. Looking at your jack pic I think the black wire is hot and should go to the pot lug and the white wire is ground and should go to the back of the pot. If this doesn't work then reverse them. I can't tell if anything else is wrong based on your pics.
    There are many generic wiring diagrams out there for this setup, 2 hums, vol, and toggle switch so you may want to look at one first.
    Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X