Modifying my jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying my jackson

I am wondering if I can change the pickups out of a Jackson DK2S that has the following pickups :

Duncan Designed Pickups:
    HB102B Bridge Humbucker
    SC101 Middle Single Coil
    Sustainiac Driver/Neck Pickup

I wanted to put some EMG pickups on it. I am kinda new to hardware so any advice would be appreciated. Do you think its needed to change them out, upgrade them, so to speak ?

James Hutto

Re: Modifying my jackson

Upgrading pickups, can usualy always improve your sound. Unless for example you have a, lets say POS amp set-up. I upgraded my strats pickups a while back (i dont know what kind they were, 2 singles and 1 hum in the bridge) to EMG 81's. Best thing i ever did with that guitar. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I wrote in another post about how EMG's are all personal opinion. Some like them, and some dont. I love them, and a lot of people on this board do too. If you can, try them before you buy them. Good luck man.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info. Hoping to find someone on the board that has the same axe,and what their thoughts are on the performance of the duncans that come with it.

James Hutto

Comment

I've got the regular DK-2 (without the sustainer). It's a great guitar, but the bridge hummer is kinda weak. USA Duncans or DiMarzios or EMGs are your best bet. I've got an 89 and 2 SAs in mine (89 set for splitting) and it's a killer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        The reason they don't usually put USA pickups in mid-range imports is so they can cut the cost without having to cut the quality of the important things like wood. You can swap pickups and tremolos and knobs for less than half the cost of the guitar, but if the neck and body suck, you may as well buy a USA guitar, so they skimp on pickups to put more into the wood.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X