Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE1 Kahler APM3310 - G string fine tuner loose

Guys,

I have noticed on my KE1 that the G string fine tuner is loose. The fine tuner can be pulled up with little force and if tightened, pushes the fine tuner up. I believe this is due to the screw not fitting into the hole under the bridge.

I was thinking of removing the bridge when next re-stringing to check it out, but I thought it would be best to ask the guys that know

Email the people at Wammiworld or Email Kahler. Kahler has an active Facebook account too so maybe they'll respond.

Comment

Thanks Venomboy, I will flip them a mail.

Comment

You might want to look at the string hook from the bottom side of the bridge. You need to remove it by the four screws. This is pretty common on these bridges. Very easy to replace and fairly cheap. One issue you may run into is there are two different sizes of string hooks. The older style is smaller than the new ones wammiworld is selling. I have had better luck getting NOS from eBay. If you get the larger size it will bind and not move freely. You'll know right away.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Cheers Veemagic,

That sounds like really solid advice. I am in contact with the Wammi guys, but think I will need to pull it apart to know for sure.

Wammi advised the issue is with the string hook also, seems to make sense.

Comment

Working...
          X