Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird B string detune

Hi guys.
    Back in September I've bought one of those new Jackson SL3X Series, which come with a FR Special. Everything worked perfectly, even the floyd that never went out of tune with usage. But yesterday, I noticed that the B string was getting out of tune, badly, getting flat after some bending and dives, or even after doing vibrato with the floyd. I think that it is only the B string with the issue because all the other strings go sharp about the same amount, and after tuning the B string back, all the others just get perfectly in pitch.
    So I checked if there was any slipping at the nut and there was none. The floyd studs are lubed, so I don't think that it may be that the floyd isn't getting back in place after being used.
    Could someone help me trying to solve this issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by anarkhos; 11-02-2016, 04:28 PM.

Locking nut and saddle block are both locked (snug but not cranked super-tight)? All freshly-installed strings are stretched thoroughly upon setting up the guitar?

Comment

It seems that the B string saddle screw jammed a bit, not getting all the way into the block. I took out and put back the B string into the saddle and it seems to be working fine now. I wonder why the string started going out of tune now, after 1 month. :dunno:
      Thanks for the help Number Of The Priest!

Comment

Working...
      X