Caring for your guitar - Jackson King V Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring for your guitar - Jackson King V Pro

Hey guys! How're you doing? Hope everyone's rocking and shredding, unlike me But finally, I can get back to guitar playing again. Anyway, I have a Jackson King V Pro (2014 model, Amber sunburst with EMG 81/89 and Floyd Rose), and, it has been really neglected and not cared for.. Bad me.. I don't think it's anything serious though. Set up, cleaning and stuff. So, here are my questions! Hope someone can be of help.

1) Set up! I want to do the setup this time myself, any good guides please? There are waaay too many of them on the internet. And I am getting confused. I want to set it up in Drop D with 10-52 strings.

2) Cleaning! It's kinda dirty, has a tiny scratch on the body (very tiny, but I see it!) What should I use? I am especially worried about the neck and fretboard. The neck is satin finished or unfinished or whatever it is.. Just plain maple, and I don't know what to use to clean it. It isn't as white/blond as it used to be, is there anything I can do to restore it's natural colour? And, just general care tips for the neck and the fingerboard. Also, the binding used to be really white and now it's kinda turning yellow I am really worried....

3) What stuff should I buy for the above said jobs?

I'll post pictures tomorrow!

PS - I'll soon be buying 2 new guitars. ESP E-II Arrow 7 and an ESP LTD EC-1000! I wish I could get a Jackson 7 string KV, but they screwed up the Corey Beaulieu King V so instead I have to go with the ESP Stupid Jackson!

Dan Erlewine - How to Make your Electric Guitar Play Great!

http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Books/...lay_Great.html

The included DVD is worth the purchase price. Fortunately my local library had this book (with DVD) so I borrowed it and learned a lot.

All the questions you asked are answered in that book. No use in me retyping everything he says about disassembly, cleaning, maintenance, reassembly, setups, and the materials to perform all these tasks.

Yellowing binding is a good thing. The binding on some of the lower end import Jacksons is too white and looks cheap. When it takes on a slight cream, ivory, off-white color, it looks more like a classy vintage instrument.

Comment

Working...
    X