Floyd Rose Replacement - Charvel Fusion Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Replacement - Charvel Fusion Custom

I have what I believe to be a Charvel Fusion Custom from 1989 which should have a JT-590 Schaller made Floyd Rose. Do you think an Original Floyd Rose will fit in this route with no issues?

It will fit, but the "butt" end of the route is not long enough to accommodate the longer screws of the OFR, thus limiting pull-up ability (and it looks a bit peculiar). See below image (taken from http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt590):

Comment

Hmmmm.. So technically I could just route that back portion out a bit longer and everything would be OK? This tremelo is as old as I am and I want to replace it. Should I route it or buy a shorter Schaller replacement?

Comment

Get another Schaller... The newer ones are made better than the one you have now.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...FRWUfgodMhYFHA
        -Rick

Comment

Just ordered the Schaller. And a JB and two Classic Stack Plus as well! Should be a Screamin' Demon next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmocalypse View Post
            Hmmmm.. So technically I could just route that back portion out a bit longer and everything would be OK? This tremelo is as old as I am and I want to replace it. Should I route it or buy a shorter Schaller replacement?
            If you absolutely must have an OFR, you could just put shorter locking screws on it. No need to deface a perfectly fine guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmocalypse View Post
              Just ordered the Schaller. And a JB and two Classic Stack Plus as well! Should be a Screamin' Demon next week!
              Both are very good choices.
              -Rick

Comment

Very nice guitar. I'm guessing that Jackson bridge humbucker is the oversize variety. You might want a pickup ring that'll fit the JB more snugly. Frets on the Net sell them or if you have access to a 3D printer, The CAD file can be downloaded here
                Last edited by Julz; 09-10-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I put a pair of STK 4Ns in my SDK (Japanese market Fusion) and love them!
                  Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Big problem! The inserts for the new Schaller Floyd I bought from Stew Mac are much smaller than the originals. I'm stuck using the old inserts and bridge posts which are worn and causing the tremolo to not return to neutral.

Comment

It's actually staying in tune really well now. I'd still like to use the newer inserts and studs though. I guess I need to see about plugging and re-drilling?

I'm going to see a guy about a fret dress next week. I'll see what he thinks. A lot of work on a "new" guitar but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X