Jt580 vs jt580lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt580 vs jt580lp

Had the opportunity to do this so I wanted to post it up. Grey DXMG with JT580, blue DK2 with the LP.

LP On the right

580 route

LP

580 in the LP body

LP in the 580 body

Thread pitch itch for both studs are the same. 580 in the LP body is tight near the "J" but fits no problem. LP in the 580 body cannot really pull up, perfect for a partial block & super easy string changing. IMO the 580 studs appear to be of better design, but that's just based on my uneducated visual inspection.

Didn't those later DXMG's have a JT500...with the longer screws sticking out the back? The earlier DXMG's had the JT580LP.

Unless I'm corrected that's a JT500 and a JT580LP.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

i thought this was a 500? Mine does not have the thick locking bolts, they are small and taper down to the smaller diameter after about 1/4". They are also textured.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
        i thought this was a 500? Mine does not have the thick locking bolts, they are small and taper down to the smaller diameter after about 1/4". They are also textured.

Yes, that's a JT500 that looks like the Schaller JT590.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As I said I may be corrected. Here's a chrome JT500 on a DX10D with the thin bolts, so I'd assume there were two types of JT500's? I'm no trem expert.

[IMG][/IMG]
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Hers a picture of the rear of mine:

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              As I said I may be corrected. Here's a chrome JT500 on a DX10D with the thin bolts, so I'd assume there were two types of JT500's? I'm no trem expert.

[IMG][/IMG]
              I don't recall ever seeing a different type of JT500. I would think yours was an older JT580. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
                Hers a picture of the rear of mine:
                Is the serial 8 digits (India) or 7 digits beginning with 9 (Japan)?

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I don't recall ever seeing a different type of JT500. I would think yours was an older JT580. Interesting.
                I got that pic online. That's the JT500 that's listed for some Japanese X series like the RX10D, WRXT etc in some of the 2000s catalogues. A catalogue error? Were there chrome JT580's during the 2000s?

Comment

9820336 is the # on the DXMG. MIJ sticker still on neck.

Comment

That's a newer, 2007-8 model number, unless it's a misprint...which happens. Unfortunately, there's no '07-8 catalogue. The 2006 catalogue lists a JT500 Double Locking Tremolo. 2001 lists a JT500 (that'd be the Indian made DXMG). '02-3 say JT580LP. Catalogue's can't really be trusted and there are DXMG's out there with the JT580LP, so :dunno:

Were there no markings on the underside of the tremolo?
                    Anyhow, glad it worked out.

Comment

What should I look for under the trem? Haven't noticed anything beside the standard "Floyd rose patent". Written on the block.

I kept the trems in their respective body, I was just curious about fitment and figured someone else could use the info. Maybe others could add their own pictures from the same angle of different trems and routes. Interchangeability between different JT trems, OFR, Schaller, Gotoh, etc

Comment

Have you seen this resource? http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          I got that pic online. That's the JT500 that's listed for some Japanese X series like the RX10D, WRXT etc in some of the 2000s catalogues. A catalogue error? Were there chrome JT580's during the 2000s?
                          Might be a catalog error, unless they're now making JT500s look like the original JT580. The JT500 has always looked like the JT590/Schaller. We all know Jackson does weird things and sometimes screws up specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Yes, the picture for the JT580 is on a DXMG.

Comment

Working...
                            X