Trem Block Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Block Replacement

Does replacing the trem block on a Floyd Rose make a noticeable difference in sustain? For reference, I have whatever Floyd Rose is stock on the Jackson Pro series.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

--Homer Simpson

Many here will say yes......and just as many will say no ! LOL!

I for one have upgraded all of my OFR equipped guitars with either brass or titanium blocks and have noticed a pronounced difference.

It's a cheap and reasonably fast mod that is totally reversible so why not give it a try?

Comment

I'm waiting for someone here to play one of the new stone trem blocks.

I wonder if granite sounds worse than jade or marble.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I installed a big brass block on my Shannon Soloist and I don't think I noticed any difference.

My Japanese So-Cal came with a big brass block and Trem Stopper, both of which a previous owner installed. I should remove the Trem Stopper and do a comparison against my stock American So-Cal, but I won't be surprised if I don't hear any difference.

Comment

Upgraded my Model 6 and SDK-075ssh and noticed more of a difference in the Model 6. The SDK had an already good sized block on the Takeuchi.

I'm thinking of blocking off my 750's Floyd for pulling up (with a chunk of mahogany) to see if the added bridge to body contact makes a difference.
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Thanks for all the comments.
            Maybe, just once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

--Homer Simpson

Comment

Bump

--Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Or a brimstone block for demonic tones!

--Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

I read this huge thread about a month ago on the stone trem block. The owner of the company is kind of a jackass, but apparently some people have had great results and say the block is pretty amazing.
                  http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewto...c806&start=550
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Stone Tone is currently on sale too: http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/upg...-sustain-block Regular price $110.50, sale price $80.00. Didn't do comparison shopping anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X