Charvel model 4 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 4 wiring

OK, I'm in over my head. I bought an '89 heather pearl Charvel model 4 for my buddy as a surprise. Unfortunately it had all the original electronics and pickups swapped out. So I bought all the original stuff to put it back to original condition. I also gave it a rainbow crackle finish. My problem is this, I am stuck on the wiring. I have 80% of it done based on various pics I have found online. You can't see where some of the wiring goes in those pics. I need to know where the green, black, red, white and ground goes for the humbucker and where the ground and hot wire go for the bridge and middle pups. Also need to know where the ground bundle that starts under each pup gets finished at. Clear pics would be very helpful. Thanks

OK wiring is done. Since I got no replies I had to buy a second unmolested guitar to copy from. Problem now is that I have no signal when I plug it in. Any ideas on that one?

Comment

Dead battery? bad mid boost? wiring not correct?

Comment

Bust out the multi-meter!

Comment

Thanks. Battery is brand new, wiring is identical to second guitar I bought to use as an example. Working on the multi-meter now. If I bypass the jack and just put a hot wire to the mini toggle I get sound at the first pot closet to the jack. But not at all of them. Got a new jack coming. Going to start swapping pots to see if one is bad.

Comment

Jacks usually will last a long freaking time, but could be that! I am assuming you are using a 'stereo' jack to activate the active electronics?

Go one piece at a time, could be a bad pot, or could be a bad solder joint or a short.

Comment

Yes stereo jack. I have other pots i am going to start swapping out after i do some more testing.

Comment

test first, replace after finding out whats wrong. unless you just want to replace parts.

Comment

Definitely will test first. Was enough of a pain doing it the first time. Probably should have picked an easier set up to start with. But it is for my best friend and brother from another mother.

Comment

Guitar is done. The jack was bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X