Going from 2 to 1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from 2 to 1...

Hey I got a rhoads RRT pro a couple months back. I love it. But one thing I've found is that I never use the neck pickup. I use my bridge and then a boost...so with that said, are there any ways I can take out the neck pickup and somehow cover the vacant space without using tape?

yep, just take the pickup out,
    you could then cover the hole with a plate

or

Leave the pickup there and disconnect it

Comment

You can have someone fill in the pickup route and then recap the top. You would need a refinish. At that point $ wise you might as well just look for a single hum

Comment

Is it the aesthetics bothering you or is the neck pickup getting in the way?

Comment

can I drill into the body to connect the plate?
          Originally posted by ralph View Post
          yep, just take the pickup out,
          you could then cover the hole with a plate

or

Leave the pickup there and disconnect it

Comment

aesthetic is bothering me. I don't like an empty neck pickup look.
            Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Is it the aesthetics bothering you or is the neck pickup getting in the way?

Comment

Doubt anyone would trade their single hum rhoads for mine. I also love this guitar as it is perfect for me.
              Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
              You can have someone fill in the pickup route and then recap the top. You would need a refinish. At that point $ wise you might as well just look for a single hum

Comment

I'd just disconnect the neck pup and leave it in. Or do like Mustaine; find a really cool looking pickup to put there and just never use it.

Comment

Cut some plexiglass out to size, screw it on over the hole (remove the pup) and put something inside it like some dice or a cigarette

Comment

You could just pull the pickup, spackle it smooth and put a sticker over it. lol

I love one hum guitars, so yeah, I understand.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X