Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I mental or do you guys experience this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I mental or do you guys experience this?

What's up people?
    There are times I sit down and play guitar with my rig and think it's the best sounding thing I could possibly put together. All my tones sound incredible clean , crunch and Metal tones.
    Then there are times I sit down and I can't get anything to sound right except my clean tone. I don't get it. I keep fresh tubes in my amp, all my wires are managed and clean , all connections are tight and true. I use a power conditioner so my Power is clean and doesn't jump up and down with line voltage. I use a APC H-15 which has Voltage Stabilization so the amp and my Pedal board see the same voltage all the time no matter what. But sometimes I sit there and just don't want to play due to I can't get my sound right.
    Yesterday I played for over an hour and I thought life is at it's best. But 2 days ago I walked away after falling with my tone for 30 minutes and couldn't get it right.

My X drummer thinks all guitar players are mental on some level as everyone he has ever played with does this stupid stuff. But I find it to be very real.

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I get that a lot and the first thing I check is my tuning and intonation.

Comment

Most of the time this happens to me (same rig, same room etc) its either just all in my head or I am tired/ distracted and I am not attacking the guitar correctly. But usually just in my head.

Comment

Yep. All the time. Sometimes I want to kick my amp. Then the next day it sounds amazing.

Last year I played my amp in my living room on the carpet. It was awful. Moved it to the tile entryway just 3 feet away and sounded amazing.

Comment

ear fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              ear fatigue.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post

My X drummer thinks all guitar players are mental on some level as everyone he has ever played with does this stupid stuff. But I find it to be very real.
                I think most guitar players can count to 4! You are not alone I think We all suffer from times when out mind is not with our soul.

Comment

Working...
                X