Stuck again.. wiring help for as-1 blackouts set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck again.. wiring help for as-1 blackouts set

So I've had these pups for a looong time. I finally came around to get them professionaly installed, and the wiring diagram that was supplied for them, I finally found it, picture enclosed here. Now, I have issues with the middle and bridge pickup not having enough volume, as compared to the neck which is totally fine. You can tell the neck has the proper output level, I mean in terms of loudness. The other two, not so much. I was wondering if the pickups need two batteries? Someone on here showed me that wiring diagram with two 9V linked together, but that was for a livewire setup, not as-1 blackouts for strat. It's frusterating at this point as I just want my guitar to make some fucking noise...

Tech wizards.. please help. Since it is just a single volume, the diagram confuses me. The cavity picture is not showing everything exactly I know, but if you want me to upload a specific part of some wiring in there, tell me. Also, the battery wire is bare because I was just checking shit out of curiosity, not while I was playing either. HELP

Seymour Duncans' site has all the wiring diagrams you need to get this right. Just an FYI, I would replace that switch with a better quality one. They get contact issues when they get just a little bit too hot with a soldering iron. Good luck.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Looking at the pics, I wonder if the signal is shorting on the battery case?

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
        Looking at the pics, I wonder if the signal is shorting on the battery case?
        Hey, maybe... tomorrow I will try to swap it out with a different one. Also, The website doesn't have all the possible types of wiring diagrams, I'm sure I looked for this specific setup and it just wasn't there... me not knowing a thing, I don't know a way to work around the one that is supplied to me

Comment

Working...
        X