Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you sort the internation on a crafter acustic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you sort the internation on a crafter acustic.

The guitar cost me £30 /$50 so I don't recall care that much but the internation is awful. Beyond the 5th fret it starts to wonder and at the 12th it's almost half a semi tone. It's my first acustic and I'm used to my charvel being interneted perfectly and maybe j should not be so picky. The crafter does sell for more just this one has a faulty pre amp that I will never use. It's a fx550 eq. Thoughts please.
    no sig.....

My thought is dodgy auto correct?

Comment

A good read: http://www.lutherie.net/saddle_angle.html

By their very nature, acoustic guitar saddles do not offer individual intonation adjustment for each string because an acoustic saddle is a single piece of plastic, bone, brass, etc.

My guess is that your Crafter acoustic has a cheap plastic saddle that isn't really carved with intonation in mind.

Also, the cheaper the guitar build, the less care might be taken in considering accurate fret placement, accurate saddle placement, and accurate nut placement. If any of these things are not precisely installed even by a tiny bit, it can throw the whole guitar off. So your Crafter could have sloppy frets, sloppy saddle, and sloppy nut. Therefore changing the saddle might or might not solve all your problems.

Nevertheless, if you want to try replacing the saddle, aftermarket brands like TUSQ manufacture compensated saddles: http://www.graphtech.com/products/br...oustic-saddles

While a compensated saddle might (or might not) be an improvement, you will still be unable to adjust each string's intonation individually like you can with an electric guitar that has individual string saddles. And a compensated saddle offers a "best guess" carve, because string gauge also affects intonation! Someone using acoustic 12s (lights) will have a slightly differently tempered guitar than someone using acoustic 13s (mediums) even if both guitars are equipped with the same compensated nut.

Comment

Types like Unknown Hinson talks.

Comment

Working...
        X