Floyd Rose Bridge Radius for a 12-16 radius Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Bridge Radius for a 12-16 radius Jackson

Hi, I just bought a Floyd Rose bridge to upgrade my JT580 Jackson Tremolo. I would like to know what radius to set the bridge up, the neck is 12-16 compound radius.I have heard people just taking the shims out and using it without the shims, I think it was 20" radius. I just to know the best thing to do, as this is the first time I ever replacing a tremolo on a guitar. It didn't come with shims, so if I need them I would have to order them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

You can use it without shims, but if you like the lowest possible action without buzzing, shim it to a 20" radius.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, Is that what most people do shim to 20" radius or do they just use without the shims?

Comment

Most people slap the OFR on there without doing anything other than setting the intonation. And that's just fine.

Those who are picky about their guitar's setup (like me) will shim it to match the radius of the neck.
        -Rick

Comment

I am picky too, that's why I asked what was the better idea to do. Would 6 shims be enough? Also what saddles do you normal put the shims under for a 20" radius?

Comment

Working...
          X