Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand this.

Hello all,
    Every now and again I read about people complaining about the Floyd Rose FRT02000 or the FRT1000 series Trem's. I have owned both models and original Floyd Rose Trem's. Honestly I never had an issue with any of them. What's all the hate about?
    From what I understand , Charvel and Jackson will use these FRT Trem's for lower cost. To me they don't seem any different in terms of use and reliability.
    My oldest one I still own is a 2006 Jackson SL3 which has the FRT02000 on it and it's been awesome since new. It doesn't go out of tune, it's rock solid with keeping strings in place, I never break strings at the saddle or nut or ever to say the least. It's recessed so it goes up and down with ease and goes right back in tune.
    I change strings often and nothing ever stripped out.

What am I missing here?

I do however understand the lower quality of the Licensed Trem's. Jackson uses the "Special" Floyd's which to me seemed cheaper. Actually the SL3 from 2005 I owned before the 2006 had a floyd rose licensed tremolo system on it in chrome. This model year guitar had all chrome hardware and a lighter Flame top Transparent red color. Now this guitar had issues staying in tune and Intonation. I had to have it setup several times before I took it back to Sam Ash and traded it back in for a 2006 model which had the upgraded Trem in the FRT02000 and all black Hardware.

Comment

FRT´s are very good trrems, but not as good as Schaller made OFRs. Their fine tuning bolts do not turn as smoothly as OFRs and trem arm bushing/coupling is wonky compared to a MIG Floyd. Proper lubrication fixes that fine tuner issue a little bit and trem arm can be replaced with OFR parts. After you have done those things there is no reason to replace FRT with an OFR, I think.
      My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

I kept this text that was posted from somewhere. It was a response from someone at FR..

"ALL three units areProduced exclusively for Floyd Rose by our Handpicked Manufactures… All unitsare made to our specs and we stand behind them 100%

The OFR is produced in Germany and is our flagship model…

The 1000 Series is produced in Korea.. and is mirrored after the OFR..Excellent unit… Only sold to OEM manufactures not after market.

The Special Series is also made in Korea.. this Is our license versionmade very well and will be as good if not better than any license version FloydRose.. We also stand behind this bridge 100%..."

I've never had a problem with any of them either. The Special did feel cheaper in a LTD I had but still worked fine.. If anyone has problems, seems contacting FR would be prudent as the "stand behind them 100%"..

Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
        X