Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musikraft necks

Hi all -

i'm thinking about replacing the neck on my MIJ San Dimas and need help on the specs. I'm basically wanting to replicate my current neck but with the asymmetrical neck profile. What specs do I need?
    https://musikraft.com/product-info.php?pid436.html

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Ever thought about getting an EVH stripped neck? I think they have the asymmetrical neck profile and the other specs are very close to charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      Ever thought about getting an EVH stripped neck? I think they have the asymmetrical neck profile and the other specs are very close to charvels.
      Never thought of that. Are they easy to come by though?
      Kiesel Aries
      Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

I see that stratosphere sells them on ebay. Is the heel width correct, 57mm, for the Charvel?
        Kiesel Aries
        Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

something to consider, the neck you have now is Quartersawn, the neck you posted a link to is not. The tone and sustain will be effected if you go the other route.

Comment

I don't have anything to add on this Im afraid, but I am currently looking at their necks as well. Im also looking at their neck-through bodies. I really want to try their roasted necks and bodies. Have you considered a roasted neck? It is a $100 uncharge, but will help with stability and they look awesome!
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              I don't have anything to add on this Im afraid, but I am currently looking at their necks as well. Im also looking at their neck-through bodies. I really want to try their roasted necks and bodies. Have you considered a roasted neck? It is a $100 uncharge, but will help with stability and they look awesome!
              I started to look on their website but it can get very overwhelming pretty fast LOL. They have a lot of cool stuff. In fact I want to build a custom guitar now based off of their site.
              Kiesel Aries
              Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I ordered a musikraft neck for my "fake"-PC1 and must say these necks play pretty good. I chose a quatersawn neck with a flame-top and it feels and looks damn nice. The headstock in fact is a little bit shorter than the Jackson-Fender-style headstock that is used for a PC1. I noticed that as I tried to install the string retainer with has less space than what I could see from the internet between nut and tuners. One thing to check is the heel width. You need the custom option (2 1/4 57.15mm) to make it fit a jackson-body.

Comment

Working...
                X