Replacement tremolo for Jackson JT580

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement tremolo for Jackson JT580

I am looking to replace the JT580 tremolo on my Jackson DXMG Dinky. I want to get a Floyd Rose special, since that's all I have to spend in my budget right now. I just want to know if the FR Special will fit without any mods, also what type of nut do I get R3 or R4 The stock nut that is on there is now is a B.H. 43.

the end lock down screws on the floyd may be a little longer but aside from that a direct swap.

Comment

nice is the trem route cut out to fit the Floyd? I have seen some people upgrade and there is a large space on either side of the trem. I wonder if that would affect the pulling up of the tremolo, would the screws hit the body?

Comment

maybe, but not so much that if would keep you from pulling back on it.

Comment

You can order shorter (38mm) OFR style screws direct from Schaller or go thru AllParts where you would have to put in a request as they don't stock those.

Comment

Good info here
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I could only find a few pictures of people who swapped their JT580 for a Floyd. I have seen they have gaps on either said of the trem, more so on the side without the arm.

Comment

yea the JT is kind wide so you will have some gaps, good news is it won't touch and chip paint away which in my opinion is worse than a gap.

Comment

Working...
                X